Explore your inner designer…Yip this workshop is just the best. Like our applique workshop, it really does provide you with the opportunity to explore your creative flair. We will examine how different colours, fabrics, patterns work together and help you on your way to becoming a fantastic designer and patchworker!
Learn the basic skills required to make your own patchwork quilts. Over the 5 hours, we will piece a 9 patch quilt top, then layer it up, quilt and bind it leaving you with a small piece of completed wall art, a cushion cover or feature piece for a patchwork bag to take home with you. You will then be able to use the skills we have practiced to make cot quilts, lap quilts and beyond.
This workshop is suitable for those with some previous sewing machine experience. As long as you can sew in reasonably straight lines, you will be fine!
All materials are supplied for this workshop. This includes your choice from a selection of material packs plus wadding and backing fabrics. Your tutor for this class will be Jill Harrison. Jill is a very experienced tutor and trainer with extensive sewing experience. She runs ReTweed’s 12-week Craft, Design and Technology Courses as well as her own successful creative business.
Experience Level: Beginner (some basic machine sewing experience advantageous)
Cost: £38 (including drinks, snacks and cake)
To learn more about ReTweed and discover other workshops click here.
Other workshops this year:
- 10th August – Sewing Machine Basics Family Day
- 7th September – Patchwork for Quilting
- 21st September – Arty Seascapes with Rag Rugging
- 28th September – Textiles Artists: Multi-Media Appliqué
- 26th October – Fancify Your Furniture
- 9th November – Sewing Machine Basics
- 22nd November – Seasonal and Festive Wreaths
- 14th December – Découpage and ButtonTastic Card Making