Just in time for Christmas! Take a few hours for yourself and make some lovely and unique cards to send to your best friends, the people you love and your family. We cover a range of découpage techniques and incorporate a bit of multi-media with buttons, haberdashery magazines, silk scraps and whatever.
From here the course focuses on the different skills that go into making a card, such as making and using stamps and inks, embossing, découpage, paper crafting, making envelopes and determining how to position images, textiles, patterns and other add-ons onto the cards.
The workshop will be led by our resident Artist, Terry Howson “Colour excites me, pleases me, calms me and frees my mind from crowded information. When people tell me that they may not know about Art but they know what they like, I want to applaud. Art is, quite literally in the eye of the beholder and if it pleases you then it has done its job.”
Terry has designed and delivered a wide range of art, design, interior design and upholstery courses around the world and for us here at ReTweed. We’re entirely chuffed to have her here delivering workshops throughout our Autumn Term.
Beginners are very welcome and you will be shown everything you need to know to produce 4 beautiful cards.
Workshop Cost £24 (including drinks, snacks)
Experience Level: Beginners
To learn more about ReTweed and discover other workshops click here.
Other workshops this year:
- 10th August – Sewing Machine Basics Family Day
- 7th September – Patchwork for Quilting
- 21st September – Arty Seascapes with Rag Rugging
- 28th September – Textiles Artists: Multi-Media Appliqué
- 26th October – Fancify Your Furniture
- 9th November – Sewing Machine Basics
- 22nd November – Seasonal and Festive Wreaths
- 14th December – Découpage and ButtonTastic Card Making